The Academy Gold Intern Track is available for students who have internships at the Academy or other partner companies.
The Academy Gold Production Track is available for students with specific below-the-line career focuses on cinematography, costume design, film editing, production design, sound, and visual effects. Students on this track will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience shooting on a sound stage, as well as spend one week on the set of an active production shadowing various departments, health and safety regulations permitting. While the Academy Gold Production Track does not offer internships, students who have internships at outside companies are encouraged to apply.
Applications are now open for production track!
Students must be enrolled in one of the following schools or colleges:
- Cal State University Northridge
- Exceptional Minds Academy
- Gnomon School of Visual Effects, Game, and Animation
- LA Trade Tech
- LA Film School
- New York Film Academy
- Select local community colleges
Students must be focused in 1 of the following 6 disciplines:
- Costume Design
- Film Editing
- Production Design
- Visual Effects
Students must be in the graduating class of 2020, 2021, or 2022.
Please submit the following materials to your program manager for consideration:
(1) Cover Letter
(3) Essay #1: Please describe how this program relates to your professional and personal goals in your specific career focus or discipline. (maximum 1 paragraph- 100 words or less)
(4) Essay #2: Personal Statement (OPTIONAL): Is there any other relevant information that you want us to know prior to making our decision? (maximum 1 paragraph – 100 words or less)
Apply by emailing the above cover letter, resume & essay paragraph(s) with SUBJECT LINE: Academy Gold Rising Production Track 2021 to your campus Program Manager/Faculty Representative. Eligible applicants may reach out to GoldRecruit@oscars.org with any questions.
Submissions must be received by March 8, 2021
VFX Track (coming soon)