1313 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA 90028
Completed in 2003, the Linwood Dunn Theater is the Academy’s newest theater. This state-of-the-art screening facility holds 286 seats and was named in honor of visual effects pioneer Linwood Dunn. The screening room is designed to provide reference standard presentation of 16, 35, and 70mm motion picture formats for both image and sound quality. The theater is also equipped for digital presentation. In addition, the theater serves as a venue for lectures, panel discussions and Academy forums on a variety of subjects.
The Linwood Dunn Theater is located at the Academy’s Pickford Center for Motion Picture Study, 1313 Vine Street, Hollywood, California. The Academy’s newest theater is a 286-seat state-of-the-art screening facility.
Screenings must be compliant with the Academy’s campaign regulations if they are nominated for an Academy Award. Theater rentals must be centered around screenings. We cannot accommodate awards shows, religious services or memorials.
A certificate of insurance is required for all rentals.
Director of Theater Operations
8949 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA, 90211
Phone +1 310.247.3000
Seating capacity: 286
Screen: Maximum Size – 42’X 18’
Digital Laser Projection
It Features the Flagship Barco DP4K-40LHC High Contrast Laser Projector with a contrast ratio of 6,000:1 and brightness levels of 38,000 lumens.
4K, Dolby 3D, HFR (High Frame Rate) and significant headroom for the highest digital cinema 3D light requirements are supported.
Ultra HD 4K UHD video at frame rates up to 60 frames per second is also showcased.
2 Norelco AA 35mm/70mm projectors
* We do 70MM and all of the sound formats. Todd-AO, Dolby A, Dolby SR, and Split-Surround, DTS 6 track, and mag double-system interlock
2 Eastman 16mm projectors
- Digital Betacam (NTSC/PAL)
- Blu–Ray (with Dolby TrueHD and DTS–MA decoding)
- Betacam SX
- Betacam SP
- DVD (DTS)
- DVI–D (HD) and SVGA computer graphics (Powerpoint) from remote lectern position in auditorium or booth
- 7.1 channel discreet AES digital audio from Dolby DSS200 and projector IMB
- Dolby SRD; Dolby Surround EX; Dolby SR and A–type Stereo Optical
- DTS (Digital Theatre Systems) 35mm only
- SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound) 8–channel
- 35mm audio magnetic interlock (6, 3, 1–track heads)
- Mac, PC, iPAD compatibility for playback or podium presentations
Theater House Audio Mixing Console:
YAMAHA LS9 64–Channel 32 fader Digital Mixing Console with
16 channel Dugan Automixer; Yamaha Module for large panel discussions
2 16-Channel (32 mic channels total) Dante Stage Boxes
Wireless Intercom System: ClearCom FreeSpeak
House PA System
JBL Custon x3
- SHURE ULXD2® Series Digital wireless handheld microphones (12)
- SHURE ULXD1® Series Digital wireless bodypack transmitters (12)
- SHURE ULXD4Q Series Digital 4-channel very ultra low-noise receivers (4) (16 channels)
- Shure and Countryman face-mics (12)
- Shure Lavalier microphones (10)
- Wired microphones from Shure, AKG, Sennheiser, Beyer
Assisted Listening Hearing Impaired Devices: Custom BSS and Dolby Fideleo System
Closed Caption System: Dolby Captiview
Crestron oveall control
ETC Lighting Control
TruRoll Screen Curtain and Masking System
The Linwood Dunn Theater
1313 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA 90028
Dunn Theater: $7000
Content Check: $1500 full run-thru (2pm set-up, 3pm on screen, day of event
12pm Rehearsal: $1500 cue to cue run of show
8am Tech Access: $1500 technical requirement installations only
Dunn & Pickford Lobby: $3000
Vine Terrace (Exterior)** $1500
Green Room: $500
All reception areas: $5000
**Exterior Extension Requirements:
• Layout denoting all items and placement
• Final layout approval by Academy
• Minimum of 4 security officers
• Hedgerow enclosure / temporary walls
• Marked exits
• No tenting over ovens or stoves
• Generator or spider boxes provided by client
Linwood Dunn Theater Policies:
• Events must be film/industry related.
• A COI is required from clients and vendors.
• We do not allow food or drink in the theater.
• AMPAS has final approval of all marketing and invitations to ensure accuracy of date and time.