The Academy is a nonprofit organization with approximately 300 employees.
The Academy has three buildings throughout the Los Angeles area – the Academy headquarters and the Fairbanks Center for Motion Picture Study in Beverly Hills and the Pickford Center for Motion Picture Study in Hollywood.
2017 Academy Summer Internships
The Academy is now accepting applications for 2017 Summer Interns
Departments: Oral History Projects, Margaret Herrick Library ,Film Archive, Museum, Human Resources, Student Academy Awards and Nicholl Fellowship in Screenwriting, Preservation and Foundation Programs
- The program starts June 12, 2017-August 11, 2017
- The application deadline is March 23. 2017
- Internship hours are part-time (up to 28 hours per week and may vary based on project)
- Work will be project-driven and hands-on while providing you with more knowledge about the motion picture industry
- The summer internship also includes educational brown bag lunches, studio tours and other growth oriented and fun activities related to film
Academy summer internship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college student attending an accredited undergraduate or graduate program
- Have an overall 3.0 grade point average
- Exhibit an interest in the motion picture industry
- Have strong written, verbal and problem solving skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Academy is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to creating, managing and valuing diversity in its workforce. Maintaining a diverse workforce is vital to the Academy. Accordingly, the Academy enforces a strict policy that prohibits discrimination in hiring, training, compensation, promotion, transfer, or termination, whether on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or genetic information. This includes a workplace that is free of all forms of harassment. And, to help foster diversity, the Academy utilizes programs that ensure fairness of opportunity, pay, and growth to all applicants and employees. Every employee of the Academy is required to follow this policy and to preserve the Academy’s commitment to diversity.