LINWOOD DUNN THEATER
1313 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA 90028
Completed in 2003, the Linwood Dunn Theater is the Academy’s newest theater. This state-of-the-art screening facility holds 286 seats and was named in honor of visual effects pioneer Linwood Dunn. The screening room is designed to provide reference standard presentation of 16, 35, and 70mm motion picture formats for both image and sound quality. The theater is also equipped for digital presentation. In addition, the theater serves as a venue for lectures, panel discussions and Academy forums on a variety of subjects.
The Linwood Dunn Theater is located at the Academy’s Pickford Center for Motion Picture Study, 1313 Vine Street, Hollywood, California. The Academy’s newest theater is a 286-seat state-of-the-art screening facility.
The Linwood Dunn Theater in Hollywood is available Monday through Friday evenings and weekends April through December. Theater rentals must be centered around screenings. We cannot accommodate awards shows, religious services or memorials.
A certificate of insurance is required for all rentals.
Complimentary parking is provided in the Academy’s lot adjacent to the Pickford Center, (enter off Homewood, one block north of Fountain). Parking facilities close 30 minutes after the conclusion of an event.
Director of Theater Operations
8949 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA, 90211
Phone (310) 247-3000
Seating capacity: 286
Screen: Maximum Size – 42’X 18’
Digital 3D Projection
Dolby 3D featuring one (1) Barco DP–4K 32B (4K) projector
Video image is variable depending upon format
2 Norelco AA 35mm/70mm projectors
2 Eastman 16mm projectors
- Dolby DSS200 Screen Server (JPEG2000, MPEG2, DCI compliant)
- Digital Betacam (NTSC/PAL)
- Blu–Ray (with Dolby TrueHD and DTS–MA decoding)
- Betacam SX
- Betacam SP
- DVD (DTS)
- DVI–D (HD) and SVGA computer graphics (Powerpoint) from remote lectern position in auditorium or booth
- 7.1 channel discreet AES digital audio from Dolby DSS200 and projector IMB
- Dolby SRD; Dolby Surround EX; Dolby SR and A–type Stereo Optical
- DTS (Digital Theatre Systems) 35mm only
- SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound) 8–channel
- 35mm audio magnetic interlock (6, 3, 1–track heads)
- SHURE ULXÂ® Series wireless handheld microphones (8)
- SHURE ULXÂ® Series wireless bodypack transmitters with lavalier microphones (4)
- SHURE ULXÂ® Series wireless bodypack transmitters with Countryman WCE6LT Omnidirectional Rigid Earset Microphones (5)
Audio Control Console
Soundcraft Ghost 24 Channel Audio Console
- $4,500 – Includes Theater Manager, theater staff, parking and projectionist
- $1,500 – Lobby reception
- $800 – Technical Run Through (2 hours), $150 each additional hour
- 2 hour minimum – $1000
- Hourly rate after 2 hours – $200
- 9am – 5pm, 12 people max.
- 2nd projectionist (8 hours or less) – $375
- 2nd projectionist (overtime) – $100 per hour