LINWOOD DUNN THEATER
1313 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA 90028
Completed in 2003, the Linwood Dunn Theater is the Academy’s newest theater. This state-of-the-art screening facility holds 286 seats and was named in honor of visual effects pioneer Linwood Dunn. The screening room is designed to provide reference standard presentation of 16, 35, and 70mm motion picture formats for both image and sound quality. The theater is also equipped for digital presentation. In addition, the theater serves as a venue for lectures, panel discussions and Academy forums on a variety of subjects.
The Linwood Dunn Theater is located at the Academy’s Pickford Center for Motion Picture Study, 1313 Vine Street, Hollywood, California. The Academy’s newest theater is a 286-seat state-of-the-art screening facility.
The Linwood Dunn Theater in Hollywood is available Monday through Friday evenings and weekends April through December. Theater rentals must be centered around screenings. We cannot accommodate awards shows, religious services or memorials.
A certificate of insurance is required for all rentals.
Director of Theater Operations
8949 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA, 90211
Phone (310) 247-3000
Seating capacity: 286
Screen: Maximum Size – 42’X 18’
Digital 3D Projection
Dolby 3D featuring one (1) Barco DP–4K 32B (4K) projector
Video image is variable depending upon format
2 Norelco AA 35mm/70mm projectors
* We do 70MM and all of the sound formats. Todd-AO, Dolby A, Dolby SR, and Split-Surround, DTS 6 track, and mag double-system interlock
2 Eastman 16mm projectors
- Dolby DSS200 Screen Server (JPEG2000, MPEG2, DCI compliant)
- Dolby DSL 100 Show Library
- Qube Cinema Server and IMB for high frame-rate, 4K and variable frame rate
- Digital Betacam (NTSC/PAL)
- Blu–Ray (with Dolby TrueHD and DTS–MA decoding)
- Betacam SX
- Betacam SP
- DVD (DTS)
- DVI–D (HD) and SVGA computer graphics (Powerpoint) from remote lectern position in auditorium or booth
- 7.1 channel discreet AES digital audio from Dolby DSS200 and projector IMB
- Dolby SRD; Dolby Surround EX; Dolby SR and A–type Stereo Optical
- DTS (Digital Theatre Systems) 35mm only
- SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound) 8–channel
- 35mm audio magnetic interlock (6, 3, 1–track heads)
- Mac, PC, iPAD compatibility for playback or podium presentations
Theater House Audio Mixing Console:
YAMAHA LS9 32–Channel Digital Mixing Console with
16 channels of Dugan auto-mixing for optimum panel interviews and conferencing.
16in / 16 out Dante-powered digital remote stage box.
Wireless Microphone systems
- SHURE ULXD2® Series Digital wireless handheld microphones (8)
- SHURE ULXD1® Series Digital wireless bodypack transmitters (6)
- SHURE ULXD4Q Series Digital 4-channel very ultra low-noise receivers (2) (8 channels)
- SHURE ULX2® Series wireless handheld microphones (6)
- SHURE ULXÂ® Series wireless bodypack transmitters with lavalier microphone (6)
- SHURE ULXP4 Professional Wireless Receivers (6)
- Shure and Countryman face-mics (13)
Wired microphones from Shure, AKG, Sennheiser, Beyer
- $4,500 – Includes Theater Manager, theater staff, parking and projectionist
- $1,500 – Lobby reception
- $800 – Technical Run Through (2 hours), $150 each additional hour
- 2 hour minimum – $1000
- Hourly rate after 2 hours – $200
- 9am – 5pm, 12 people max.
- 2nd projectionist (8 hours or less) – $375
- 2nd projectionist (overtime) – $100 per hour