Oscar.com Goes Behind The Scenes Of Nominations With First Installment Of Exclusive Inside The Oscars® Video Series
Site Will Feature Nominations Live Stream, Complete List of Nominees and
Popular My Picks Play-Along Game Beginning Jan. 16
Award-Winning Oscar Backstage Pass to Stream to Web and Mobile Devices on
WATCH ABC Oscar Sunday
BEVERLY HILLS, CA — With nominations just a day away, Oscar.com is unveiling a complete digital roadmap to all things Oscar Sunday, providing fans with exclusive insider access to The Oscars before, during and after the show. The site is live now with:
- “Ellen Replies to #Oscars Tweets”: Oscar host Ellen DeGeneres responds to hilarious fan tweets in this short embeddable video.
- “Inside The Oscars” – From the nominations to the nominees’ luncheon and the show itself, this new semi-weekly video series hosted by “On The Red Carpet” host and “Good Morning America” contributing editor Rachel Smith will share access to top secret production details and behind-the-scenes event coverage leading up to Oscar Sunday. In this first installment, Academy insiders give fans the scoop on everything involved in nominations, including how the nominations list is protected, what goes on inside the theater, how the hosts reveal the names of the nominees and more.
- A gallery of candid shots from the 2013 Governors Ball and the Governors Awards honoring Angelina Jolie, Steve Martin, Angela Lansbury and costume designer Piero Tosi.
- Oscar Buzz, which features fan commentary using #Oscars, #OscarNoms, and #BestDressed.
- The Oscar Timeline that includes historical video and photos of past winners, memorable moments and juicy tidbits celebrating every single year of The Oscars.
- And much more…
Beginning Jan. 16 the site is dedicated to this year’s nominees with programming sponsored by Cadillac that includes an embeddable nominations live steam, the complete list of nominees, and the hugely popular “My Picks” interactive ballot. Friends can view and share the ballot on Facebook, which will update in real time on Oscar Night®, ensuring that the most competitive Oscar handicappers are instantly aware of their ranking among friends.
On Oscar Sunday, the site will highlight the Emmy-winning Oscar Backstage Pass, which will be streamed online and to mobile devices this year as part of ABC’s industry-defining multiplatform WATCH services. Presented by Samsung Galaxy®, Oscar Backstage Pass gives fans unprecedented access to the show through multiple live camera feeds placed throughout the show venue and streamed online and on mobile devices. Previously available as a standalone Oscar app, Backstage Pass will stream to mobile devices via the WATCH ABC app (formerly ABC Player). With more than 15 million downloads, the WATCH ABC app is immensely popular on mobile devices and its functionality delivering live and advantaged VOD episodes earned ABC the honor of being named “Multiplatform Programmer of the Year” for 2013 by “Broadcasting and Cable.”
The 86th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Thursday, January 16, 2014, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2013 will be presented on Oscar® Sunday, March 2, 2014, at the Dolby Theatre® at Hollywood & Highland Center® and televised live on the ABC Television Network. The presentation, produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.