8 Doc Shorts Shortlisted for 2009 Oscars®
Beverly Hills, CA (October 9, 2009) — The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced that the field of Documentary Short Subject contenders for the 82nd Academy Awards® has been narrowed to eight films, of which three to five will earn Oscar® nominations.
Voters from the Academy’s Documentary Branch viewed this year’s 37 eligible entries and submitted their ballots to PricewaterhouseCoopers for tabulation.
The eight films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company:
- “China’s Unnatural Disaster: The Tears of Sichuan Province,” Downtown Community Television Center, Inc.
- “The Last Campaign of Governor Booth Gardner,” Just Media
- “The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant,” Community Media Productions
- “Lt. Watada,” Chanlim Films
- “Music by Prudence,” iThemba Productions, Inc.
- “Rabbit a la Berlin,” MS Films
- “Tell Them Anything You Want: A Portrait of Maurice Sendak,” Outside Productions
- “Woman Rebel,” Women Rebel Films
The 82nd Academy Awards nominations will be announced on Tuesday, February 2, 2010, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2009 will be presented on Sunday, March 7, 2010, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center®, and televised live by the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 200 countries worldwide.
For more information, contact