Oscar®-Nominated Shorts to Play in L.A.
Beverly Hills, CA (January 30, 2009) — To kick off Oscar Week, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will present “Shorts!,” a program featuring screenings of all the 2008 Academy Award®-nominated films in the Animated and Live Action Short Film categories, on Tuesday, February 17, at 7:30 p.m. at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills.
The program will feature onstage discussions with the nominated filmmakers (subject to availability).
The 2008 Animated Short Film and Live Action Short Film nominees are:
Animated Short Film
- “La Maison en Petits Cubes,” Kunio Kato, director
- “Lavatory-Lovestory,” Konstantin Bronzit, director
- “Oktapodi,” Emud Mokhberi and Thierry Marchand, directors
- “Presto,” Doug Sweetland, director
- “This Way Up,” Alan Smith and Adam Foulkes, directors
Live Action Short Film
- “Auf der Strecke (On the Line),” Reto Caffi, director
- “Manon on the Asphalt,” Elizabeth Marre and Olivier Pont, directors
- “New Boy,” Steph Green, director, and Tamara Anghie, producer
- “The Pig,” Tivi Magnusson, producer, and Dorte Høgh, director
- “Spielzeugland (Toyland),” Jochen Alexander Freydank, producer-director
Tickets are $5 for the general public and $3 for Academy members and students with a valid ID. Tickets may be purchased online at www.oscars.org, by mail, or at the Academy’s box office during regular business hours beginning Monday, February 2, at 9 a.m.
The Samuel Goldwyn Theater is located at 8949 Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. All seating is unreserved. For more information, please call the Academy at (310) 247-3600 or visit www.oscars.org.
Academy Awards® for outstanding film achievements of 2008 will be presented on Sunday, February 22, 2009, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center®, and televised live by the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 200 countries worldwide.