May Company Building

The Academy Museum of motion pictures will reimagine the celebrated wilshire may company building
 

Opened in 1939 and designed by Alvert C. Martin and Samual A. Marx, this landmark was once one of Los Angeles' leading department stores. Its prominent cylindrical gold tower signaled the western entrance to the Miracle Mile shopping district. In 1945, a nothern annex, also designed by Martin and Marx, was added to the Wilshire May Company Building.