JanuaryUpcomingJan 01 - Mar 01Light & NoirExiles and Émigrés in Hollywood, 1933–1950UpcomingJan 01 - Apr 26Haunted ScreensGerman Cinema in the 1920s
- RecapJan 06 - Jan 27January Matinees"Grand Hotel" to "The Wizard of Oz"RecapFridayJan 09Street Clothes"Midnight Cowboy"
- UpcomingFridayJan 09Street Clothes"Cisco Pike"RecapSaturdayJan 10Two Sides of a Designer"Mary Poppins"
- UpcomingSaturdayJan 10Two Sides of a Designer"Fahrenheit 451"RecapFridayJan 16Street Clothes"Klute"
- UpcomingFridayJan 16Street Clothes"Network"RecapSaturdayJan 17Two Sides of a Designer"East of Eden"
- UpcomingSaturdayJan 17Two Sides of a Designer"The Godfather"RecapFridayJan 23Street Clothes"All That Jazz"
- UpcomingFridayJan 23Street Clothes"Phantom of the Paradise"RecapSaturdayJan 24Two Sides of a Designer"Bonnie and Clyde"
- UpcomingSaturdayJan 24Two Sides of a Designer"The Godfather Part II"RecapFridayJan 30Street Clothes"Taxi Driver"
- UpcomingFridayJan 30Street Clothes"Uptight"RecapSaturdayJan 31Two Sides of a Designer"The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou"
- UpcomingSaturdayJan 31Two Sides of a Designer"Barry Lyndon"fun-factSaturdayJan 31Did you know?
Since the initial awards banquet on May 16, 1929, in the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel’s Blossom Room, 2,809 statuettes have been presented.
FebruaryUpcomingFeb 03 - Feb 24February MatineesFour Marilyn Monroe ClassicsRecapFridayFeb 06Street Clothes"Annie Hall"
- UpcomingFridayFeb 06Street Clothes"Fingers"RecapFridayFeb 13Big Adventures of '85"The Goonies"
- UpcomingFridayFeb 13Big Adventures of '85"Pee Wee's Big Adventure"RecapSaturdayFeb 14Two Sides of a Designer"Blade Runner"
- UpcomingSaturdayFeb 14Two Sides of a Designer"Fight Club"RecapTuesdayFeb 17Oscar WeekShorts
- RecapWednesdayFeb 18Oscar WeekDocsRecapThursdayFeb 19Oscar WeekAnimated Features
- RecapFridayFeb 20Big Adventures of '85Back to the FutureUpcomingFridayFeb 20Big Adventures of '85Return to Oz
- RecapSaturdayFeb 21Oscar WeekForeign Language FilmsRecapSaturdayFeb 21Oscar WeekMakeup and Hairstyling Symposium
- RecapSaturdayFeb 21Two Sides of a Designer"Wittgenstein"UpcomingSaturdayFeb 21Two Sides of a Designer"The Departed"
- UpcomingFridayFeb 27James Acheson SpotlightThe Art of the Costume DesignerUpcomingSaturdayFeb 28Two Sides of a Designer"Meet Me in St. Louis"
- UpcomingSaturdayFeb 28Two Sides of a Designer"West Side Story"fun-factSaturdayFeb 28Did you know?
The official name of the statuette is Academy Award® of Merit.
MarchUpcomingWednesdayMar 18Scott MacDonaldFilm Scholars Lecturefun-factWednesdayMar 18Did you know?
The statuette is 13½ inches tall and weighs 8½ pounds.
AprilRecapThursdayApr 23DeconstructingBig Hero 6UpcomingApr 24 - May 29NY: Animation ShowcaseFrom Celluloid to CGI
- UpcomingFridayApr 24NY: Animation ShowcaseLAIKAfun-factFridayApr 24Did you know?
Due to a metal shortage during World War II, Oscars® were made of painted plaster for three years.
MayUpcomingMay 01 - Jun 19This Is WidescreenSeriesRecapFridayMay 01This Is WidescreenCinerama Holiday
- UpcomingSaturdayMay 02NY: Sound of MusicCelebrationRecapThursdayMay 07This Is WidescreenLola Montes
- RecapFridayMay 08This Is WidescreenCarmen JonesUpcomingFridayMay 08This Is WidescreenBigger Than Life
- UpcomingSaturdayMay 09NY: Animation ShowcaseThe 75th Anniverary of PinocchioUpcomingTuesdayMay 12NY: Animation ShowcaseBlue Sky Studios
- RecapTuesdayMay 12The New AudienceMoviegoing in a Connected WorldRecapThursdayMay 14This Is WidescreenThe Hidden Fortress
- RecapFridayMay 15This Is WidescreenTo Catch a ThiefUpcomingFridayMay 15This Is WidescreenArtists and Models
- UpcomingMondayMay 18Academy Q&ACasting Director David RubinUpcomingTuesdayMay 19NY: Animation ShowcaseHistory of New York Animation
- UpcomingMay 21 - Jun 15Academy Film ArchiveScreenings of Archive prints around the worldUpcomingThursdayMay 21This Is WidescreenShoot the Piano Player
- UpcomingThursdayMay 21This Is WidescreenLolaUpcomingFridayMay 22This Is WidescreenInvasion of the Body Snatchers
- UpcomingFridayMay 22This Is WidescreenBeyond a Reasonable DoubtUpcomingThursdayMay 28This Is WidescreenLast Year at Marienbad
- UpcomingThursdayMay 28This Is WidescreenThe InnocentsUpcomingFridayMay 29NY: Animation ShowcaseInside Out Sneak Peek
- UpcomingFridayMay 29This Is WidescreenOklahoma!fun-factFridayMay 29Did you know?
The film reel features five spokes, signifying the five original branches of the Academy: actors, directors, producers, technicians and writers.
JuneUpcomingThursdayJun 04This Is WidescreenA Woman Is A WomanUpcomingThursdayJun 04This Is WidescreenCruel Story of Youth
- UpcomingFridayJun 05This Is WidescreenThe VikingsUpcomingThursdayJun 11This Is WidescreenKwaidan
- UpcomingFridayJun 12This Is WidescreenGrand PrixUpcomingThursdayJun 18This Is WidescreenThe Big Gundown
- UpcomingThursdayJun 18This Is WidescreenDragon InnUpcomingFridayJun 19This Is WidescreenThe Graduate
- UpcomingFridayJun 19This Is WidescreenPoint Blankfun-factFridayJun 19Did you know?
MGM art director Cedric Gibbons designed a statuette of a knight standing on a reel of film gripping a crusader’s sword. The Academy tapped Los Angeles sculptor George Stanley to realize the design in three dimensions – and the world-renowned statuette was born.