Linwood Dunn Theater
Completed in 2003, the Linwood Dunn Theater is the Academy’s newest theater. This state-of-the-art screening facility holds 286 seats and was named in honor of visual effects pioneer Linwood Dunn. The screening room is designed to provide reference standard presentation of 16, 35, and 70mm motion picture formats for both image and sound quality. The theater is also equipped for digital presentation. In addition, the theater serves as a venue for lectures, panel discussions and Academy forums on a variety of subjects.
- Accessibility Services and Assistive Listening Devices: Wheelchair access is provided. Wireless assistive listening devices for the hearing impaired are available upon request.
- Security: Please be advised that members of the public attending events at the Academy’s theaters are subject to security checks: a visual inspection of all purses/bags and metal detector screening.
- Food and Beverages: No food or beverages of any kind are allowed in our theaters. Filtered water fountains are located in the lobbies.
- Photography: No unauthorized photography is allowed.
- Seating: General admission seats are unreserved. Doors typically open one hour before the start of each event. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. There is no late seating.
- Stand-By Seating: Subject to availability, stand-by tickets for any unfilled seat will be purchasable shortly before the beginning of a sold-out event. Holding a previously purchased ticket does not guarantee a seat after that time.
- No Refunds / No Exchanges: However, for SOLD OUT events only, a refund can be issued in advance. Tickets are never refundable after an event.
- Autographs: As a courtesy to speakers, hosts and invited guests, the Academy has a “no autographs” policy at all events.
The Linwood Dunn Theater is located at the Academy’s Pickford Center for Motion Picture Study at:
1313 Vine Street
Hollywood, California 90028
Complimentary parking is provided in the Academy’s lot adjacent to the Pickford Center, (enter off Homewood, one block north of Fountain). Parking facilities close 30 minutes after the conclusion of an event.