In New York
Shorts! And Doc Shorts!
The Academy’s New York lead-up to the Oscars featured screenings of the nominated films in the Animated and Live Action Short Film categories and the Documentary Short Subject category.
THE 2011 NOMINEES ARE:
Documentary (Short Subject)
total running time: 164 mins.
- "The Barber of Birmingham: Foot Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement" - Robin Fryday and Gail Dolgin
- "God Is the Bigger Elvis" - Rebecca Cammisa and Julie Anderson
- "Incident in New Baghdad" - James Spione
- "Saving Face" - Daniel Junge and Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy
- "The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom" - Lucy Walker and Kira Carstensen
Short Film (Animated)
total running time: 52 mins.
- "Dimanche/Sunday" - Patrick Doyon
- "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore" - William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg
- "La Luna" - Enrico Casarosa
- "A Morning Stroll" - Grant Orchard and Sue Goffe
- "Wild Life" - Amanda Forbis and Wendy Tilby
Short Film (Live Action)
total running time: 103 mins.
- "Pentecost" - Peter McDonald and Eimear O'Kane
- "Raju" - Max Zähle and Stefan Gieren
- "The Shore" - Terry George and Oorlagh George
- "Time Freak" - Andrew Bowler and Gigi Causey
- "Tuba Atlantic" - Hallvar Witzø
- February 18 and February 19, 2012
- Academy Theater at Lighthouse International