Devilled Eggs with Caviar
- Place eggs in a stockpot and cover with water.
- Add vinegar and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn off the heat and cover. Let sit for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Drain water. When cool enough to touch, remove shells.
- Slice each egg in half, lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a food processor. Add mayo, mustard, lemon juice, and salt to the yolks. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop the yolk mixture into a plastic baggy. Use scissors to snip off the end of the baggy. Use the baggy like a pastry bag to pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Spoon a small amount of caviar on each egg.
*Variation: Instead of caviar, garnish each egg with a small piece of smoked salmon and sprinkle with chives.Download a PDF version of this recipe
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces American caviar