Theater Staff Member – Part Time
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences invites applications from interested individuals to serve as a Theater Staff Member for the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater and Linwood Dunn Theater located in Beverly Hills and Hollywood, California.
Primary duties will be working for events in all of the Academy’s theaters and reception facilities, including membership screenings, Academy special events and outside rentals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working under the supervision of Theater Managers in various positions and capacities during events.
- Must be able to familiarize and recognize Academy members, governors and staff;
- Establishing and maintaining a friendly yet cordial atmosphere in dealing with members, guests and clients.
- Assisting other departments of the Academy on an as needed basis.
- Ideal candidate will have a background in film studies; enrolled in a film program, or have film related degree.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communications skills; ability to work with all levels of personnel, Academy members, and the public.
- Prior service experience desired; experience working with customers or guests in a service oriented environment
- Ability to demonstrate high level of diplomacy, sound judgment, and discretion when dealing with Academy members.
- Able to deal with the public in a tactful, pleasant, courteous, and diplomatic manner and to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to clearly communicate through use of radio communication.
- Must have the capacity to work quickly and efficiently under high-pressure situations;
- Ability to work weekends, overtime, and late hours on short notice;
- Must have daily computer email and voicemail access for scheduling and department communications;
- Experience using a variety of computer software applications, software such as MS Office, Outlook.
- Command of the English language both verbal and written.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing.
This is an entry- level part time hourly position. Pay is $12.00 per hour.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Theater Staff in the subject line.