Technical Support Specialist (Non-Exempt)
This position supports day-to-day desktop administrative and project-based operations within the Information Technology department.
- Provide technical support in person, via email, telephone, and/or other electronic medium; analyze, diagnose, and provide solutions and/or workarounds to software/hardware problems and questions.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the life cycle of the service request, including detailed documentation as well as escalation (when necessary and appropriate).
- Ability to work independently and effectively when resolving user help requests.
- Ability to proactively and thoroughly utilize electronic and/or paper resources to resolve issues that arise in the troubleshooting of help requests.
- Provide updates on assigned work to the supervisor, tracking system, and/or users, via telephone, e-mail, or in-person, and do so in a timely manner.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments and trouble tickets as necessary to ensure that help requests are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ability to provide staff members with a medium level of training and assistance to support the understanding and use of their computer hardware and/or applications as it relates to company business.
- Ability to follow standards, policies, procedures, and instructions provided by supervisors.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional and respectful manner that supports working well with co-workers, users, and management.
- Flexibility to work a varying schedule and hours as needed.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or university; or minimum of four years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (MCP or MTA)
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7 and Apple OSX/iOS is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite 2010/2011, Adobe Cloud and Audio Video Systems.
- Foundational understanding regarding the functional operation of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Demonstrated understanding of the internal workings of the hardware and software involved in the organization’s computer systems. (A+)
- Demonstrated ability to think “outside-the-box”, performs research, and operates independently in order to devise solutions to difficult problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives, staff, and vendors who have varying computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and maintain professionalism in an extremely fast paced environment with a strong customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to operate as a team member, supporting departmental decisions, policies and procedures with a positive attitude and communications (both to team members and other staff).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull 35-40 lbs.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Technical Support Specialist in the subject line.