Technical Support Specialist (Temporary, Full Time)
This position supports day-to-day desktop administrative and project-based operations within the department.
- Provide technical support in person, via email, telephone, and/or other electronic medium; analyze, diagnose, and provide solutions and/or workarounds to software/hardware problems and questions.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the life cycle of the service request, including detailed documentation as well as escalation (when necessary and appropriate). .
- Ability to work independently and effectively when resolving user help requests.
- Ability to proactively and thoroughly utilize electronic and/or paper resources to resolve issues that arise in the troubleshooting of help requests.
- Provide updates on assigned work to the supervisor, tracking system, and/or users, via telephone, e-mail, or in-person, and do so in a timely manner.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments and trouble tickets as necessary to ensure that help requests are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ability to provide staff members with a medium level of training and assistance to support the understanding and use of their computer hardware and/or applications as it relates to company business.
- Ability to follow standards, policies, procedures, and instructions provided by supervisors.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional and respectful manner that supports working well with co-workers, users, and management.
- Flexibility to work a varying schedule and hours as needed.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in CS/CIS/MIS; or minimum of three years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of Windows XP. Linux/Apple OS is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite 2007/2008 and Filemaker Pro. Oracle is a plus.
- Foundational understanding regarding the functional operation of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Demonstrated understanding of the internal workings of the hardware and software involved in the organization's computer systems.
- Demonstrated ability to think "outside-the-box", perform research, and operate independently in order to devise solutions to difficult problems.
- Demonstrated understanding of systems analysis and programming.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives, staff, and vendors who have varying computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stress appropriately and professionally.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm and patient throughout confusing and hi-stress situations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate as a team member, supporting departmental decisions, policies and procedures with a positive attitude and communications (both to team members and other staff).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 lb. loads.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to
email@example.com NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.