Imaging Lab – Systems Administrator
The Imaging Lab Systems Administrator works in the Science and Technology Council under the supervision of the Associate Director, Science and Technology Council. Primary duties include equipment maintenance, calibration and project partner support within a highly critical imaging research laboratory environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Software documentation and auditing.
- Internal Network documentation, maintenance and general systems administration.
- Laboratory equipment logistics, maintenance and calibration coordination.
- Maintaining accurate records of system status and writing regularly updated reports.
- Working and communicating with Academy staff, Academy members, film industry professionals and outside organizations on Council research activities.
- Computer/storage backup strategy development and implementation
- Scheduling of Laboratory and Workshop access.
- Asset tracking and status.
- Application software updates and patches.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Solid scripting and programming knowledge - experience with C++, Python and Perl.
- Experience with network storage architecture design and implementation.
- Skill in reading and composing correspondence and reports in English.
- Experience with standard MS Office suite - Microsoft Project experience is desired.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Academy staff, laboratory personnel, Academy members, industry professionals, and visitors.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in project management desired.
- Good knowledge of Linux.
- Familiarity with Matlab is a plus.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Indicate Imaging Lab – Systems Administrator in the subject line.