The Security Officer monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to maintain the security of premises. Responsibilities include but are not limited to safeguarding, patrolling, monitoring, and inspecting property.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Security Officer’s duties include protecting the Academy’s investments, enforcing laws on the property, and deterring criminal activity and other security related issues that may arise.
- Use of radio and telephone communication to call for assistance from other security officer’s, police, fire, or emergency medical services as the situation dictates.
- Write comprehensive incident reports outlining their observations and activities during their respective shift including monitoring building and fire alarms and closed-circuit TV cameras.
- Professionalism, courteousness, and respectfulness are required at all times while on duty specially when providing services to all buildings occupants, employees, visitors, and Academy members alike.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- High school diploma.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A valid Guard Card.
- Preferably a CPR/First Aid permit.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Prior security field experience.
- Experience with computers (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office Excel, and email correspondence).
- Must have excellent interpersonal communications skills; ability to work with all levels of personnel, Academy members, and the public.
- Able to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, and patrons.
- Able to pay attention to detail.
- Able to work as a team member.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: Jobs@Oscars.org Please indicate Security Officer in the subject line