Research Project Intern (San Francisco)
(From Latin America to Hollywood: Latino Film Culture in Los Angeles 1967-2017)
The Intern to Project Curator is responsible for research and administrative duties supporting an eighteen-month project that will result in a major film series, public symposium and book. The project will examine the shared influences of Latino and Latin American filmmakers in Los Angeles from the late 1960s through the mid-2010s.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must dedicate research time to project – this research will consist of various sources including but not limited to print, online sources and filmographies; Submit written research reports
- Provide administrative support to the Project Curator including but not limited to; preparing and reviewing correspondence, reports and other documents, and maintains detailed and organized files; schedule and coordinate various appointments, meetings, and conference calls.
- Communicate and collaborate with Academy Museum Staff, Project Curator and Advisory Committee
- Handle all travel arrangements and generate itineraries
- Maintain and submit expense reports to the Project Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree in film studies, history, Latin American studies preferred; ideal candidate will be a Graduate student, though well-qualified undergraduate students will be considered
- Scholarly experience in relevant fields (Film Studies/Media Studies, etc.)-- Focus on Latin American or Chicano studies a plus
- Fluent in Spanish and English languages
- Knowledge of, and interest in, film history and research required
- Excellent organizational and clerical skills with strong computer skills; have daily computer email and phone access for department communications.
- Strong problem solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills, able to work independently and in a team environment
- Use of personal automobile may be required; must have and maintain a valid driver's license
Please submit your cover letters and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate SF Research Project Intern in the subject line. This position is located in San Francisco.