Records Management Assistant (Part-Time)
Assist the Records Manager with a backlog of Academy hardcopy/digital records and materials stored at the Pickford Vault, and where appropriate, contribute to the implementation strategies associated with the Academy Records Retention and Procedures Policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the records destruction process by identifying Records eligible for destruction based on department retention schedules.
- Purge duplicate files and weed out unnecessary materials.
- Create Records Destruction logs and submit them to the Records Manager for review and approval.
- Organize hardcopy records, place into storage boxes, and prepare a listing of the boxed records to be archived along with other boxes in storage.
- Comply with project timelines and facilitate the orderly transfer of records, document imaging, retention, and disposition of various project-related and business records.
- Provide general assistance to the Records Manager regarding select projects on an as needed basis.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable degree from an accredited college or university preferred but not required.
- Previous administrative experience with record-keeping practices in an agency setting.
- Good organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently when given specific assigned projects.
- Experience in dealing with sensitive documents/information in a consistent and confidential manner.
- Basic technical knowledge and experience in working with computers, i.e., applications such as: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and FileMaker Pro database are preferred.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move heavy materials such as: binders, files and boxed records when warranted.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate “Records Management Assistant” in the subject line.