86th Academy Awards® Publicity Assistant
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences invites applications from individuals who have a career interest in public relations, who possess excellent interpersonal and administrative skills and who are organized, detail-oriented multi-taskers for the full-time, seasonal position of Awards Publicity Assistant (APA). The position begins Monday, December 2, 2013 and will conclude on Friday, March 14, 2014.
Reports to: Publicist
- Answering incoming phone calls, responding to numerous inquiries and channeling calls and messages to the appropriate Communications Department team member.
- Creating, maintaining and distributing internal calendars of events and activities.
- Drafting press releases.
- Collating press kits and other press materials.
- Assisting in the distribution of memos and other correspondence
- Identifying, clipping, organizing, copying and distributing media coverage.
- Maintaining multiple databases related to various aspects of Academy press relations.
- Assisting the Communications Department in special projects as assigned, including but not limited to taking RSVPs and working press check-in at events.
- Assisting with oversight of media covering events at any of the Academy’s facilities or other venues.
- Deal directly, in person, by telephone and by e-mail, with domestic and international press, show production and Academy staff.
- Regular submission of status reports for assigned projects and tasks and, prior to the end of the employment period, submission of notes and suggestions for others who might fill the position in future years.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in public relations, entertainment preferred.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in additional languages is preferred, but not required.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to take direction from numerous parties, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- A person with a high energy level, a willingness to take initiative and approach all tasks with a positive outlook.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel, as well as FileMaker Pro.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE