(Full Time - Union Position)
The Assistant Projectionist will be responsible for film and digital cinema projected presentations in the Linwood Dunn Theater and Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate shall possess a thorough knowledge of film gauges, stock types, picture aspect ratios, and sound reproduction techniques.
- Must be familiar with procedures for film prep and inspection, and be able to perform 16, 35, & 70mm changeover projection.
- The candidate must have a thorough understanding and hands-on experience with digital cinema projectors, and the various image and sound reproduction sources associated with them.
- Must be familiar with procedures relating to all shows and events reproduced via digital cinema packages and KDM’s in how they are obtained, organized, ingested, and projected.
- Must be able to clearly identify various video and audio file types used in the post-production process, their reproduction codecs, image resolution, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, and audio track mapping and patching.
- A thorough knowledge of the appropriate computer based hardware and software is required. Knowledge of Final Cut Pro is a plus.
- Understand signal flow between various types of equipment and the technical requirements of a given event.
- Proper safety practices shall be known, and strictly observed in the handling of film, and xenon lamps.
- Ability to interact in a professional demeanor, with all levels of personnel, various motion picture studio personnel, and clients to facilitate a flawless execution of all screenings and events requiring the reproduction of picture and sound (regardless of source and method) that take place at all Academy facilities.
- Must possess sufficient skills with regard to working in fast paced clip shows and events.
- Must be able to follow direction, and meet operational and technical challenges needed for a successful show.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be a member of IATSE or willing to join.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in operating and mechanically maintaining motion picture projection and sound apparatus of all film gauges and types to ensure ongoing optimum performance.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as performing solo projection duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, in-house projection staff, Academy members, and technical committees
- Proficiency with the English language; must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license in good standing.
- Film post-production knowledge desired.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate Assistant Projectionist in subject line.