Project Archivist (Temporary - Part Time)
The Project Archivist is responsible for sorting, arranging and describing a large collection of theater advertising materials for the Margaret Herrick Library. This is a part-time (20-25 hours per week) and reports to the Graphic Arts Librarian. The appointment is for one year.
- The Project Archivist's duties include sorting and organizing a large, collection of hand-bills, photographs, posters and other ephemera from the Linda Lea theater collection. The Linda Lea operated in Los Angeles from circa 1947-1983 specializing in Japanese cinema.
- After the initial sort is completed, the Archivist will arrange the materials and create entry level cataloging records for the Files, Photographs and Graphic Arts department using the library's Inmagic databases (FTML, Photograph and Manuscript Inventories and the Poster Catalog).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in film studies, history, communications, Japanese studies or art history required.
- Fluent in Japanese and English languages.
- Archival degree or an M.L.I.S. degree required from an ALA accredited institution.
- 2 years' experience in an archive or library is preferred.
- Understanding of archival principles and an ability to carefully handle fragile documents required.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, film history and research required.
- Strong computer skills.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Indicate Project Archivist in subject line.