Project Archival Processor (Part Time)
The Project Archival Processor is responsible for sorting a large collection of papers and ephemera for the Special Collections Department of the Margaret Herrick Library. This is a part-time (20-25 hours per week) position in the Special Collection Department of the Margaret Herrick Library and reports to the Graphic Arts Librarian. The appointment is from February until November.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Processor’s duties include sorting and organizing a large, privately held collection at an off-site storage location. After the initial sort is completed, the Processor will arrange the materials into Paige boxes and using Microsoft Excel will record basic information for transfer into the library’s Inmagic databases (Manuscript Inventories, Production Art and Photograph Inventories).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in film studies, history, communications or art history required.
- Archival degree or an M.L.I.S. degree required.
- 2 years experience in an archive or library is preferred.
- Understanding of archival principles and an ability to carefully handle fragile documents required.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, film history and research required.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Have a valid CA driver’s license and reliable transportation with proof of acceptable auto insurance.
- Attention to detail and organized and orderly work habits.
- Self-motivation, dependability, efficiency, and confidence working independently.
- Pleasant personality and ability to work successfully with colleagues.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to retrieve and refile heavy boxes from shelving units using ladders and/or stepstools.
- Will need to sit at a computer and enter data for long periods of time.
- Will need to climb stairs.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate Project Archival Processor in subject line.