Program Assistant, Educational Initiatives and Grants
The Director of Educational Initiatives and Grants Coordinator seeks a department program assistant to help facilitate an extremely busy year-round with grants and education-related programs.
Extensive public contact and communication with program participants is an important part of this job, and we are seeking a highly conscientious, detailed oriented, well-spoken and presentable individual for this position.
Assistant report to the Director of Educational Initiatives and the Grants Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with public education programs including outreach and inquiries, and preparation of event materials.
- Organize details of our invitational events, including the emailing and follow-up of invitations.
- Assist with the maintenance and development of education contacts.
- Assist with all aspects of the Academy’s grant making process, including maintenance of the online application system, database processing and follow-up with successful grant recipients.
- Attend and assist with Grants Committee meetings.
- Periodically attend department-related, outside programs and events.
- Assist with the creation of a department workflow.
- Maintain department files and records, including DVDs, photographs and fliers.
- Mail out department-related materials (banners, DVDs)as requested.
- Coordinate department-related travel.
- Basic research tasks.
- Answer general departmental e-mails.
- Light phone work.
- Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience; interest in film, and an eagerness to learn.
- Previous experience as an assistant or in a similar organizational capacity is preferred, have strong office, organizational and communication skills are required. Computer skills, including graphics, MS Office Suite: Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and Filemaker.
- Ability to write well, excellent research and editorial skills.
- Registrar-related duties for both on-site and off-site education programs.
- Enthusiasm, commitment and integrity, including a willingness to work occasional long hours and at numerous film-related events in the evenings.
- The capacity to work quickly, neatly and efficiently under high pressure deadlines.
- Use of personal automobile may be required; must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Strong problem solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills, able to work independently and in a team environment.
- A positive attitude when dealing with the public and Academy members is vital.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org