Manager of Major Gifts
Major Gifts Manager is a new position for the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures and an outstanding opportunity for a major gift fundraiser work on a team that is developing a robust pipeline of major gifts for the Academy Museum's $300M capital campaign. The successful candidate will be a metrics-driven major gift fundraiser, with experience working with volunteer leaders and high-level prospects.
Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the Major Gifts Manager will support the Director in developing and executing a major gifts program. The Major Gifts Manager will provide research and strategic support for the Director of Major Gifts and will maintain a major gifts portfolio of 50-75 prospects capable of donating at least $250,000 to the campaign. The Major Gift Manager will also support the Director of Major Gifts with all major gifts reporting and tracking, including portfolio management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and executes strategies to achieve major gift goals as part of the Academy Museum capital campaign
- Researches donors and creates prep sheets for leadership
- Drafts reports and correspondence for major donors and prospects
- Develops appropriate cultivation strategies
- Moves potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Supports the Director of Major Gifts, the Managing Director of the Academy Museum and the Director of the Academy Museum with solicitations
- Makes solicitations when appropriate
- Maintains stewardship contacts with donors
- Enters all donor contacts into Raisers Edge
- Runs prospect and action reports
- Plans and executes special events for majors donors, in collaboration with the special events team and the Director of Major Gifts
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3+ years successful experience in major gift fundraising, preferably in the arts
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferable)
- Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising
- Film background and deep knowledge of the moviemaking community a plus.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and strategic planning skills
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge or Altru a plus
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: Jobs@Oscars.org. Please indicate Major Gifts Manager in subject line.