Human Resource Specialist
Support the development management and implementation of HR data and the coordination of employee benefits, onboarding, training, and recruitment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the recruitment cycle for internal and external hires; produce job offer letters, background checks, employee and applicant packet creation.
- Process all new hire paperwork; ensure compliance with I-9 requirements and employment laws.
- Assist in preparation of records and administration of benefit program such as health, dental, life, and disability insurance. Prepare benefits packets and conduct benefits orientation.
- Provide support in areas of 401(k), payroll, worker’s compensation, FMLA, ADA, and OSHA recordkeeping.
- Enter and manage employee data; perform employee data audits and run reports.
- Creates efficient HR administrative processes by applying continuous improvement measures and methods.
- General administrative tasks such as sending faxes, filing, writing employee verification letters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have 2-4 years of experience in Human Resources; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred;
- Knowledgeable of up to date recruiting practices using social media and creative methods
- Computer literate, web and social media savvy
- High level of expertise in Excel, Word and Powerpoint, particularly Excel
- Experience with Great Plains, Adobe Pro desired. Filemaker Pro a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, written communications, and the ability to exhibit a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with excellent follow-through and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to juggle priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines.
- Proactive in asking questions when needed and resourceful in solving problems.
- Able to anticipate needs and act upon requests independently.
Please send cover letter, resume, and URLs to: Jobs@Oscars.org Indicate Human Resource Specialist in the subject line.