Credits Researcher (Temporary - Part Time)
Conduct detailed research for the Academy's Motion Picture Credits online database, a year-by-year compilation of select credit information for films released in Los Angeles County.
- Conduct detailed research for the Academy’s Motion Picture Credits online database, a year-by-year compilation of select credit information for films released in Los Angeles County.
- Photocopy pertinent film reviews, Academy documents and press materials, located within Library files, and identify needed data. With speed and accuracy, enter data into database, creating and augmenting records for each film.
- Proofread records and make corrections within database, as needed.
- In accordance with Academy guidelines, conduct research to create or augment specialized filmographies for departmental use.
- Compile up-to-date, accurate credit and release date information for individual filmographies, utilizing multiple library and online resources.
- Maintain, edit and proofread electronic files and deliver completed research in adherence with departmental deadlines.
- As needed, provide research and editorial assistance for special library projects.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- College degree in English and/or Cinema Studies.
- Expert knowledge of film history.
- Proven record of meeting deadlines and working collaboratively to complete projects.
- Experience conducting thorough, accurate research.
- Familiarity with Web-based data entry procedures and platforms such as Oracle and SQL.
- Demonstrated copy editing and proofreading skills. Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style desirable.
- Familiarity with online and print cinema reference sources.
- Reading knowledge of one or more foreign language helpful.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate Credits Researcher in subject line.