Community Manager, Digital Media
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is seeking a Community Manager to manage, grow, and engage with its growing fanbase that reaches millions of fans around the world.
Ideal candidates should be experienced social media specialists with a passion for movies and an enthusiasm to lead the Academy to the center of the conversation about film online.
As the Community Manager, you will represent the “voice” of the Academy and will be charged with using social media to inspire and educate movie lovers about the Academy and the art and science of film.This position reports to the Academy’s Managing Director of Digital Media and Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily management of the Academy’s social media presence across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Tumblr, interacting with more than 3,000,000 fans.
- Assist in development of strategies to promote awareness of year-round Academy programs and initiatives (which include more than 100 events each year), and drive tune-in for annual Oscars telecast.
- Increase engagement with movie fans both online and offline.
- Build and manage relationships with online influencers, particularly bloggers, platform representatives and other movie industry thought leaders.
- Act as internal liason to the web, event programming, PR and marketing departments.
- Create web content, live blog, and help guide site development.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2-4 years of previous community management experience, preferably for an entertainment/media organization.
- Must be interested in experimentation, willing to take risks, excited to explore what’s possible in the social space with one of the world’s most recognized brands.
- A basic understanding and previous experience with Facebook advertising is a plus.
- Must have strong writing skills. Graphic design, Photoshop, and video production skills are a plus.
- A track record of social media projects that you have created and built an audience for such as a blog, app, Twitter account, etc.
- A background in journalism, PR, and/or marketing, with a passion for film and social media.
Please email your cover letter and resume: to: firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate “Community Manager” in the Subject Line.