Assistant to the Managing Director of Outreach and Workforce Development
The Academy is seeking a highly dedicated and dependable individual to serve as an assistant to the Managing Director of Outreach and Workforce development. While the duties of this position include basic administrative and support -- typing, heavy phone activity, filing, meeting coordination, helping to manage the office, etc. -- the successful candidate will also demonstrate advanced organizational and interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic and sense of individual responsibility, and will be able to coordinate many aspects of this long-term development effort. Attention to detail is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Managing Director of Outreach & Workforce development, including managing calendar, making/scheduling meetings and travel arrangements; and managing phone calls.
- Manages all office functions, including answering the telephone, greeting guests, and providing other reception support; maintaining the Outreach and Workforce development department calendar; sorting mail and replying to general phone, mail, or e-mail requests; tracking/ordering office supplies; ensuring that equipment remains in working order; managing Outreach & Workforce development central files, processing invoices and expense reimbursements, and maintaining organized financial records.
- Review, proofread and edit a variety of documents for accuracy, proper formatting, grammar and spelling to ensure professional consistent output.
- Ability to prepare and distribute presentation materials including electronic media, photocopying, binding and printing.
- Ability to take minutes and develop reports for a variety of meetings.
- Ensure that all paper files, electronic records and databases for the department are properly maintained and up to date.
- Provides administrative support for the Outreach & Workforce development staff, assisting with various clerical duties or projects including preparing mailings and meeting materials; arranging pick-ups/deliveries.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director to achieve the goals of the Outreach and Workforce development department and the Academy.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least two years professional administrative experience. Experience in an administrative role supporting a senior executive preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work on multiple projects in fast-paced, high pressure environment. Flexibility, with the capacity to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines, follow instruction, work independently, handle change, and maintain a cool head and pleasant demeanor in stressful circumstances.
- Excellent organizational and clerical skills, detail oriented, organized and with demonstrated high level of computer expertise and experience, especially with e-mail, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, FileMaker Pro, the Internet and other administrative computer software.
- Typing required at 50+wpm.
- Outstanding communications a must, including fluency in English and highly-professional verbal and written communication with special attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills essential, with the aptitude to handle a variety of people, personalities, and situations with diplomacy, discretion and poise.
- Experience working with high-level executives, VIPs, and Board members.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other Academy departments.
- Ability to work professionally and gracefully with Academy members and the public.
- Use of personal automobile may be required; must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Some night and weekend work may be required and may be assigned on short notice.
- Knowledge of entertainment industry a plus.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:email@example.com