Assistant to Operations Manager
Full Time (Temporary position)
The Assistant to the Operations Manager will assist with the daily operations of the Academy’s Headquarters and the Pickford Center for Motion Picture Study. The applicant will be responsible for general office and administrative duties, including phones, calendar, operations and Awards budgets and requisitions, coordination of staff schedules, Academy master calendar, working with operations and Awards vendors, and other Academy event responsibilities, as assigned
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administrative duties, answering phones, managing calendars, requisitions and budgets.
- Work closely with building managers, Operations assistants, switchboard operators to ensure smooth running of the Academy’s daily operations
- Assist with management of Shoretel phone system. Training will be provided.
- Management and reconciliation of vendor accounts.
- Monitor Academy’s master calendar and coordination of staff parking.
- Assist with Awards logistics, including street closures, hotel, parking, radios, cellular phones, tuxedos, crew meals, etc.
- Assist with any special projects, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience with computers, Microsoft Office, Outlook Filemaker Pro and Shoretel.
- Valid CA driver’s license and reliable automobile with proof of acceptable automobile insurance.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Efficient, detail oriented multi-tasker with a professional and pleasant demeanor in person and on the phone
- Enthusiasm to uphold the high Academy standards of excellence in all of its programs and activities
- The ability to respond to situations in a calm and courteous manner, and demonstrate sound judgment even under challenging circumstances.
- Collaborate effectively with Academy staff, Academy Members, Awards Production team, City officials, and vendors.
- Have initiative to generate new ideas, when appropriate.
- Ability to work additional night and weekend hours.
- Capable of lifting items, up to 20 lbs.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate “Assistant to Operations Manager” in the subject line