Department Assistant, Information Technology
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), this position supports administrative and helpdesk-based operations within the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer/manage vendor relations: processing contracts, understanding service levels, managing invoices and payments, budget tracking and actuals, tracking performance
- Under supervision of the CIO, act as the coordinator for hardware, software, and data service procurement activities. Manage and track orders including RMA processes. Manage asset inventory and ewaste
- Perform high level administrative support functions for the CIO administrative needs (phones, scheduling, meeting logistic coordination (catering, parking, IT needs, info tracking, and document preparation).
- Maintain knowledge of evolving departmental operations and their impact upon organizational processes and procedures create documentation as needed
- Communicate to all or parts of the organization on behalf of the CIO, when needed.
- Coordinate special projects as needed; Manage visitor access control
- Assist with department operations such as maintaining office supply inventory
- Participate in meetings as needed and capture minutes
- Coordinate procurement of new cellular devices as needed, add new lines of service.
- Manage international feature functionality on all wireless carrier accounts as needed for Executive and Senior Staff
- May be required to coordinate and oversee administrative aspects of the I.T. Help Desk, including end user requests and triage, user feedback (re: tracking customer service levels), and reporting.
- May be required to coordinate tasks involved in user administration (new user set-up, end-of-service, account management issues)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have 2-4 years administrative support experience; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; technical training/certifications a plus;
- Have experience in a related job function with:
- Vendor management
- Experience managing vendor relations and the processing of vendor contracts.
- Understanding of service delivery from an end user and provider viewpoint.
- IT experience a plus
- Help desk coordination experience a plus.
- Outstanding communications a must, including fluency in English and highly-professional verbal and written communication with special attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to understanding of the organization’s policy, framework, environment, procurement process, and standards for service delivery.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; some MAC OS familiarity; Help desk tracking software experience a plus
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Indicate Department Assistant, IT in the subject line.